Monday, April 26, 2010

Quiet... I'm reading.

If it seems as though I've been a bit quiet these last few days, I apologize. I've been engrossed in reading some interesting writing by a gentleman named David Harriman, whom has published a series of articles on the relationship of Physics and the Inductive Method.

The Objective Standard has the following biosketch for Harriman:

David Harriman

Mr. Harriman is the editor of Journals of Ayn Rand and a senior writer for the Ayn Rand Institute. He has worked as a physicist for the U.S. Department of Defense and he has taught philosophy at California State University San Bernadino. He has lectured extensively on the history and philosophy of physics. He is currently writing two books: one demonstrating the influence of philosophy on modern physics (The Anti-Copernican Revolution), and another presenting Dr. Leonard Peikoff’s theory of induction (The Inductive Method in Physics).

I heard this guy's name while listening to Peikoff's 2007 Lecture of the DIM Hypothesis and I've been reading ever since.  I'm enjoying myself.  It's like a trip down memory lane plus some philosophical perspective.  :)

The articles are lengthy and I'm quite engrossed but I'll be back soon.  Promise!