Monday, February 8, 2010

Because they count noses...

Dear Supervisor X,

I am a voter living in your district and I wanted to write to let you know that I oppose the idea of spending any county dollars to house families.  I respect that these people are in need but it is my conviction that addressing this sort of need is something that should be handled by voluntary private charity, rather than by taxpayer dollars (which are involuntary).  The need of some people does not overcome the rights of others to keep what they have earned through their honest effort. 

I would respectfully request that the Fairfax board limit its pursuits to the protection of rights to life, liberty, and property.  This does not include redistributing tax dollars to people on the basis that they are unable to afford housing on their own.  I will not vote for your re-election if I find that your actions continue the expansion of the Fairfax government beyond beyond the protection of rights.


Some Fairfax County leaders want to pay $600,000 to obtain affordable housing for two large families.
The county Board of Supervisors will decide Tuesday whether to acquire two vacant, single-family houses on West Ox Road, using hundreds of thousands of dollars in refinancing to enhance the county's affordable housing stock.

-F