Tuesday, January 19, 2010

You are a wonderful cat. You're the buddy. I will miss you.

My favorite of male cats.   

His nicknames are:
  • Grun-man
  • The Buddy
  • The Ambassador to the Dog People - Grundig was cat that could win over the dog-people.
  • Lamby-kins - He was amazingly tolerant of human behavior and would let me carry him around my neck as a lamb, holding two paws in each of my hands, purring all the while.
  • Power Tail - It was really quite strong and would knock things over.

Grundig

My ex-wife called me this weekend to let me know that Grundig has not been eating and has cancer, so I went over to spend some time with him this evening... and to say goodbye. 

How do you say goodbye to a cat whose body is failing but is still here?  I can't.  I can only say, instead: "You are a wonderful cat.  You are the buddy.  I will miss you."